In line with Scottish Government guidance, we have opened all of our shops and our Kirk Café, each with measures to ensure we create a safer space to shop and eat. Some of the measures we have put in place include:
- Hand-sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Doorbell to gain access—if our doors are closed, you may need to ring the bell.
- Floor markings to help observe social distancing.
- Protective screens at retail counters
- Gloves & protective visors for our retail staff.
It’s also mandatory at each retail location for our customers to wear face coverings while inside.
For our shop in Glasgow, please visit Princes Square’s website to see the additional safety measure in place in the centre.
Please be aware that guidance may change at any time.
Trying on Jewellery
You are able to try on jewellery in-store before purchase so please ask a member of staff. Our staff will ask you to sanitise your hands first before you try items on and when measuring for your ring size.
Due to limited numbers allowed in the shops, we have created a booking system to help avoid disappointment. These 45-minute, one-to-one appointments can be at booked for Kirkwall Gallery, Stockbridge Gallery and our Glasgow Gallery in Princes Square.
For our vulnerable customers, we offer private morning appointments during which the shop is closed to the public.
The Kirk Gallery & Café
A one-way system has been introduced to help ensure social distancing when you visit both the gallery and the café. When you arrive please use the side gate and head towards the Kirk’s front door. There is a welcome station with hand-sanitiser where you can wait until someone from the team welcomes you inside. The exit is then through the side door located in the Kirk Café, past the toilets.
When visiting our Kirk Café, booking a table is essential and your table will be allocated for 90 minutes. Please note that we will be collecting your contact details in line with the requirements for NHS Scotland ‘Test & Protect’.
In the café, we have reduced the number of tables to allow for social distancing and have put up protective screens between our pew seating. Our staff, who will be wearing gloves and face coverings, will take your order at the table to limit your contact with other visitors.
To welcome you back, head chef Neil Gibson has a new summer menu for you to try with some new additions and old favourites.
Shop from home
All your orders are still made-to-order in our Orkney workshop, so measures have been put in place to ensure the safety of both you and our staff. These include:
- Hand sanitiser at every workstation, which is used regularly when handling customer orders
- ‘No-touch’ hand-washing stations for all staff
- Plastic screens placed between all workstations, in the office and the workshop
- A one-way system and two-metre floor markings throughout the workplace allowing for appropriate social distancing