Kirkwall Gallery, Orkney
Our Kirkwall Gallery is now open again to customers. We’re delighted to start opening our retail locations in line with Scottish Government guidance and look forward to welcoming you. We appreciate your patience as we introduce new measures to help make your visit as enjoyable and safe as possible.
To avoid disappointment during busy periods, we’ve added a booking system to our website where you can book a 45-minute one-to-one appointment with one of the Sheila Fleet team. For vulnerable or shielding customers, it’s also possible to book a dedicated morning appointment during which the gallery will be closed to the public.
Additional COVID-19 measures now in place
Here are some of the measures now in place in our galleries. Please be aware that guidance may change at any time:
- Hand sanitiser provided on arrival. We ask all customers to use sanitiser located at the entrance of our galleries. Additional sanitiser will also be provided before and after trying on jewellery.
- Doorbell to gain access. If our doors are closed, you may need to ring the bell. One of our team will greet you at a safe distance and explain next steps.
- Floor markings to help observe social distancing.
- Protective screens at retail counters.
- Protective visors & gloves for our retail staff. Our staff may wear face visors and gloves when assisting you e.g. when sizing your finger for rings.
- Protective visors available for customer use.
About Sheila Fleet Kirkwall
Sheila opened her first Gallery in 1999, two years after the new Workshop was built. It's a long narrow shop split over two floors in a historic building in Kirkwall. This area of Kirkwall is where the town began. Monks are recorded here in the 7th century and later the Vikings built a chapel, known as St. Olaf's Church. The stone archway of this chapel can still be seen in the lane near our shop.
If you walk from the Harbour along Kirkwall's main shopping street to the Cathedral then you will be following the old shoreline of Kirkwall. About 1000 years ago you could have stepped from a longboat into our shop. Today we welcome guests disembarking from cruise ships at Kirkwall Pier.
On the ground floor our shop primarily showcases the full range of Sheila Fleet jewellery and rings. Upstairs you'll find a further selection of designer crafts including a wide range of the best Scottish made ceramics, knitwear, textiles, artworks. These are specialist gifts you may struggle to find anywhere else.
The Gallery has recently been refurbished and is lovely to explore. Whether you live in Orkney or have travelled far to visit us, Heather and her team will give you a warm welcome. They are all very knowledgeable and can offer assistance with trying jewellery on and sizing fingers for made to measure rings.
Note: Disabled access to downstairs only.
From the Cathedral walk down Albert Street until you see our small shop on the corner that leads to Bridge Street. Or walk approx 100m up Bridge Street from the Harbour.
|Phone:||+44 1856 87 6900|
30 Bridge Street
"A delight to explore, don't miss the second floor!"